CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wednesday and Thursday

Not sure what day number it is because the center had to reschedule 2 of Todd's appointments. Anyways, Todd met with Dr. Malyapa on Wednesday and he told Todd that Wednesday was the half way point-I thought we had already reached that! Anyways, he Dr. Malyapa took Todd off the steroids. He told Todd that he noticed that he face with swollen, due to the steroids. He also said that him and Todd would talk frequently and if he was feeling bad then maybe they would start back on the steroids again. Who knows

I spoke with Todd today and he told me that he was feeling the worst that he has felt since he started on the treatment. I asked how he was feeling and he said "Tired, upset stomach, and headache." He thinks it was because he came off the steroids. What is he to do? Feel bad on the drugs or feel bad off the drugs? He told me that if he continues to feel this way thru the weekend then he would ask to be put back on them on Monday.

I thought about rearranging my work schedule this weekend and surprising him on Saturday but I think it is best not to take Tyler out of school any extra days next week. If he seems to be feeling crappy, I might take off by myself and leave Tyler at Greg and Angie's for Monday/Tuesday. I haven't told them that yet, but we will see-I can't leave Todd there all by himself to feel sick. Not sure what I am going to do.

Tyler had major life meltdown on Wednesday night and Thursday morning before school. I kept asking what was wrong and he kept saying "I'm frustrated." We went up and snuggled in bed and talked. In the end, he told me that he was ready for Daddy to come home. The guy has been such a trooper in all of this and I guess it was time for him to let it all out. He did tell me that he has been meeting with the Guidance Counselor at school weekly just to talk about "life." I am so glad that the school has been supportive of us. Speaking of school, We went to a roller skating event tonight and I ran into a mom that I knew. She asked about Todd and told me that her son told her that Tyler's dad went to Florida to have surgery on his head and have part of his brain removed......cute. It made me chuckle a little because that is how a 7 year old interpreted things.

I will update again on Saturday or so. Keep Todd in your prayers that he gets feeling better!!!

0 comments: