CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 2 of 30

Today went "Easy Breasy" at Todd put it. We got to the center about 45 min early and just sat around. I realized that I am very thankful for our situation because there are people a lot worse off than Todd. I saw the "good, the bad and the ugly" while sitting there. At one point, I had to get up and refocus because I felt the tears coming soon. On the brighter side, there were many men-older men-waiting on their prostate treatment and they were just as happy as larks.

So the proton center is a facility meant for prostate cancers, lung cancers and head/neck cancers. While we were sitting there I said to Todd "I think some of these people could be our grandparents!" Everyone there today was 75+ years old. LOL. I don't see Todd finding a buddy in that group but you never know.

After treatment, Tyler and I went to the Museum of Science and History-MOSH. We had a good time. Todd wanted to rest so we left him alone for 3 hrs-I think he enjoyed the quiet time. The neat part of our trip was that we took the Water Taxi. What a cool concept and Tyler thought it was cool. The water taxi took us across the river right to the museum. Best part about it was that we got on the taxi right in the "backyard" of the complex. I have a few cool pics that I will have to upload so stayed tuned!

I leave tomorrow and I kinda worry a little bit. I mostly worry about him driving as his vision is not so great. I think the parking garage is going to be a big challenge. Todd assured me that he won't be "roaming" the city. I talked to my mom tonight and she assured me that he will be fine as he had been doing normal activities for months. I will stop by the concierge desk in the morning and leave them my numbers-just in case. Keep praying.

riding the water taxi

0 comments: