CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Almost ready to go...

Well, we will be leaving-Sunday 3rd-in the morning and it seems that there is a lot of "stuff" to get ready. Just trying to get "life" wrapped up for Todd seems to be the hard part. Today he is not feeling all that great, I have noticed that he is off balance a lot and that is because of the double vision. Also, he is incredibly grouchy but Tyler and I just go with the flow.

Many people have come to my side to help with any changes the next few weeks. Lots of dinner invites and many people will be taken up on them, especially the neighbors. Glad to know that we have friends! 6 weeks will go by so fast with us traveling to and from.

Lastly everyone keeps asking me (and Tyler) if we are OK and I keep saying "YES." It makes this transition easier knowing that Todd is excited about getting Proton Therapy. I asked him the other night if he was nervous and he said "No" that he was more excited because he was hoping that by shrinking or eliminating the tumor it would help him feel better. I guess we don't understand how it feels to feel crappy everyday. Everyone, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we travel tomorrow and he has his first treatment on Monday at 10:45.

I will be setting up a separate email addy for Todd within the next few days but until then you can either leave comments or respond to our home email address. Also, I will post his address again for those that want to send a letter or card. I am sure he would love to hear some encouraging words. Todd Bloomfield, 400 East Bay Street Suite 603, Jacksonville, Fl 32202. I will update everyone on Monday to how the first session went.

1 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Toddler, Kim, and Tyler,

I didn't know much about this until the other day but you guys are in my prayers and I have added you all to many other peoples prayer list as well. Please let me know if there is anything Jeff or I can do to help as well. I love you all.