CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Everyday is a new day...

Seriously, every day is a new day and one to be Thankful for! I am however extremely tired and mentally drained. I've officially had the life sucked out of me...

Todd has continued to decline from day to day. My heart aches and breaks every time I think about him or see him. He is no longer the person that any of us knew. He is officially 100% dependent on someone. Whether it be eating, sitting up, changing, bathing or going to the bathroom. His speech is almost gone and it is now very difficult to understand what he is asking for or trying to say to us. He gets so frustrated at himself and us when trying to communicate.

I had a hospital bed delivered today... this will help him to be able to sit up and drink and/or eat without getting choked. In addition to all my other worries, I have to worry about him aspirating or getting pneumonia. The bed will also help with transferring him to and from wheelchair since it will raise and lower. All in all, I hope the bed will be a helpful addition to make things easier for all of us.

We are STILL waiting on the new chemo to arrive. The order was placed on the 6th, it show shipped on the 12th and now we are waiting on it to be delivered... He has officially has been off some kind of treatment, except Avastin, for 3 weeks. Hoping for it to be delivered soon just so Todd can have some peace.

Ty and I are still continuing to 'truck' along. He keeps on amazing me on what a strong and mature child he has become... yes, he sure is immature in many other ways! He is bending over backwards to spend time with him in the afternoons and helping him in almost anything he needs. I am so proud of him... I know he is hurting as well but he is doing an excellent job!

As always... I want to THANK all who have helped keep the Bloomfield's sane and in order. With out the help of all our family, friends, neighbors and coworkers, I might be in the loony bin.

I also can't keep up the the large amounts of gifts that we are receiving daily but here's a quick shout out to those I have on my 'mental' list.
  • Julie Knoefel, Amy Thomas, Mary White, Cody Allison, Joel Trussel, Polly Johnson, a mystery gift left on bed :) and I am sure I have left someone out. So sorry...
  • Food, food and more food. :) Yummy stuff from Mom's church group and dinners delivered by friends
  • Drivers for Tyler-Jen, Mark and Stephanie... Thanks!

Continue to pass the blog around for extra prayers.. I know there are miracles out there and I am hoping and praying that we can be one of them! I am amazed by everyone who has wrapped their arms around us with prayers... Thanks everyone.

Hopefully, good news next time as I am so tired of writing about the bad. :(

The Clan...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

My heart is breaking for all of you!! My prayers are still coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you all from a "stranger" in Missouri. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you in Chicago!

Tammy Clark said...

Kim, I just recently learned of your struggles. You are surely a very strong woman. I am praying for you and your family! God Bless!

Sharon Graifer said...

I work at UT Medical Center and I know Ted. I am so moved by this story and all of your strength. My heart aches for Ted and for all of you. I wish for a miracle. I wish I could help in any way. Sending love and prayers.