CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update... not really much of one

I've had many people asking for an update so here one goes...

After a very emotional week last week, we are all back on track and 'truckin' along in good ole Bloomfield fashion. Things have definitely changed however we are rolling with the punches and making adjustments day by day.

Nothing has improved for Todd in the past 10 days (new chemo started 10 days ago.) If anything, we have seen a slight decline in certain areas.
  • His mobility has declined... he is very shaky on his feet even with a walker. The steps are becoming more and more of a challenge and I no longer allow him to go up or down them without supervision. He has finally opened up and allowed help from others so the past few days I have had a neighbor go over mid morning to make sure he gets down the steps. This way he doesn't have to go downstairs early before I leave for work.
  • His hand eye coordination is not good... he now struggles with holding stuff adequately or feeding himself. He definitely can still feed himself however it takes him longer and sometimes the hand to mouth action isn't so easy for him. He also can no longer text or type very well (most frustrating to him.)
  • Memory is about 95% sharp but he has a few moments of forgetfulness or confusion.

I am concerned about his safety when I'm not home and I am very thankful for others who are willing to check in on him throughout the day. I'm sure this will get old at some point for them however I will take the help as long as I can. I've had a few people give me suggestions on agencies so I will reach out to them and see what their 'scoop' is.

I will follow up with another post regarding today's Knox Dr's appointment.

As always, Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

The Clan...

0 comments: