CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Not quite as we had planned...

Well... title says it all...

Today just didn't go quite as we had planned. :( I got to the hospital around 6:40 after sleeping maybe 2-3 hours... Todd said he was up every 2 hours with nurses checking on him. The Dr came in right at 7. Sat down and spilled the beans... One of the cerebellum tumors has grown a smidge in addition to swelling. Since the area is so compact it is hard to tell whether his symptoms are from the growth or the swelling. I have overnighted the scan the scan to Duke and will anxiously await the phone call from Dr. D. (update again tomorrow)

So, there ya go... Todd is in really good spirits despite the day. He has been working on his leg exercises because he really wants to be up and walking on his own. I re-created downstairs so now he has what we call the 'Racetrack'. I've watched him several times making laps with his walker. I'm so proud of him...

I've been a nutty mess today. I've gone non-stop all day getting things 'done'. I tried to sit but then felt my eyes getting heavy and I knew I wasn't 'done' for the day so back up I went. I've done more than my fair share of crying. I've gone through all the emotions and crazy thoughts. You would think that I would have tougher skin by now since this isn't my first rodeo but needless to say, it never gets any easier!!!

Tomorrow is a new day... I go back to work tomorrow and will be rejuvenated and ready for the fight.

Keep us in your prayers. We still need all the prayers we can get!

Thanks all!

The Clan...

2 comments:

Ina Stanaland said...

Todd and Kim, My hearts goes out to the both of you. I say a special prayer for you several times a day. (I hope God doesn't tire of my pleading. I am so thankful that Todd is a fighter, and I know God loves him very much also. Prayers and Much Love

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you guys!