CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Monday, November 21, 2011

This weeks plan...

If you know me well, you know I like PLANNING... So, this weeks plan went or is going to go as follows (lets see if it actually ends up this way.)

Todd went to see Primary today to learn that he is not considered diabetic YET but he needs to have a limited sugar diet, check his sugar 3-4x a day and report back to Primary next week to review levels. His levels were a bit high but nothing crazy.

In the meantime, I spoke to Carol (see previous post) and she said that Dr. Avery and Dr. Desjardin spoke about the next steps since radiation is currently out of the plans. He is going to start on a every other month IV chemo called CPT11. It appears to be a bit nasty but they are giving me all the tools to combat it as best as we can. He will start that tomorrow and then on Dec 2 he will be on a schedule of that and Avastin mixed...what a nasty cocktail!

Nothing improved over the weekend... his balance is still crappy, he feels crappy (bodywise), has no energy and still can't really see. He is not allowed to drive and frankly, I'm not sure when he will. I asked Carol (nurse) he could possibly see a bit of improvement and she said possibly 7-10 after chemo so I won't hold my breathe and we will keep trucking along.

His spirits are doing pretty good considering. I'm sad for him because he can't do anything he wants to do. We had a nice weekend just lounging around watching football and movies. This week for Thanksgiving we are just waiting and seeing how he feels. I opted to be non-committal since we are in a 'who knows' mode.

As always, thanks again for the support, calls and well wishes! If I have anything to update then I will tomorrow.

The clan....

0 comments: