CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Step Forward, Half Step Back

Yesterday we met with Dr. Boppana- the Knoxville Radiation Dr. We also received a call from Dr. Maylapa- Florida Radiation Dr., stating he was concerned about doing radiation since the new tumors were so close to the brainstem. We opted to wait and see what Dr. Boppana said...

Dr. Bopanna expressed his concerns as well and he is waiting for the Fl. group to overnight a disk showing exactly where radiation was done. He explained that even the outskirt areas received radiation last time and he can't risk it if they are close. Dr. Boppana said he would let us know something by Monday (always the magical day) and we could go from there. So for now, Todd will start Avastin and continue on his merry way.

I'm done... I'm tired... I cried. I cried a off and on last night. This is so draining emotionally. In addition, I was sad that we couldn't attend our friends funeral. For so many reasons, Todd did not need to be there.

I know there is eventually a light at the end of the tunnel. The light seems dim today however... it's still there!

I will post again about his first treatment but this was yesterday's news (Thursday.)

0 comments: