CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Friday, November 18, 2011

How much more can we take?

It was confirmed today that Radiation could not be done to the area... this was by Dr. Boppana. I called Duke and they would like the 'official' scan sent to them so they can have their Radiation Oncologist look at it (done holding breath.) So, will just wait and see...

Dr. Avery called (can you keep up with all these dr's? I can barely) today to tell me that Todd now has Steroid Induced Hyperglycemia (results from yesterday's blood tests)... So, on Monday we go back to his primary care physician to get a glucometer and insulin prescription. When I spoke to Duke, she said it should go away when he stops taking the large amounts of steroids. The steroids are doing a nasty number on his body. He is starting to puff up and he is not sleeping at all. I think he said he is sleeping solid about 3-4 hours. To top it off, he feels like ultimate crap!

Today was his first treatment of Avastin. It went well (easy for me to say.) They told me that he would feel 'Yucky' for the next few days and my response was 'I don't think he could get much worse.' :( There is nothing at all I can do for him... my heart is sad. I'm a fixer and I can't fix this.

We have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend. I need a weekend to decompress and get caught up on bills! I'm sure his weekend will consist of college football on the couch!

Like I said in the earlier post. I'm tired and done with this week... See you all Monday!

P.s. Thanks for the continued texts, calls, emails...

The Clan

1 comments:

Melissa said...

It just breaks my heart for you all. I am praying everyday and will continue to pray. If any of you need anything at all please don't hesitate to call.
I don't really know what to say but do you know you guys are in my thoughts all the time.