CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Plan for the Plan

We officially have a plan for the plan... Or a new plan anyways! I am so thankful that we got moving on this because had major mobility issues today. When I picked him up this morning, he told me that he fell getting dressed and it took him 15 mins to be able to be able to gain enough strength to move. In addition, he could barely walk to the car and he needed wheelchair while we were at the hospital. I'm not sure how he went from decent to horrible in such a short time!!!

(Most of this is what I wrote about in last nights post)

Anyways, they did a gazillion tests on him today. Tested for pneumonia and blood clots and they came back negative. They agreed he looked pretty bad and they pondered on what really was going on. Based on Dr. D's recommendation, they are stopping the CPT11 because of the diarrhea issues. They are stopping the steroids in hopes of everything coming back to 'normal.' The are adding a new chemo (which apparently is old and harder to find, will be a pill) and they are putting him on the ritalin. All this is to start asap. He will continue on Avastin and his next treatment is on Friday.

They discussed admitting him today in order to get 'things' in check... I didn't quite know what the reasons were however Todd was pretty stern about not being admitted. After speaking to Dr. Avery, they decided not to admit him and to continue to monitor him. They truly believe all of his 'issues' are the result of major side effects from the steroids. She stated they can see where atrophy has affected his leg muscles, therefore not allowing him to walk very well.

PT, OT and speech therapy are being called in via home health to help him. He will wean off the steroids over the next 2 weeks and HOPEFULLY, we will see a turn around soon. I am now waiting to hear back from the office on the arrangements all these therapists and the sooner the better!

So I think that's the highlights... It was another long day but we survived.

My dear friend, Sherri and her hubby have an appointment at Duke with Dr. D at 9 in the morning... extra prayers for them tonight. Although my close friends here are a GREAT ear, she is an ear dealing with the same issues and we can truly relate to 'life.'

Give me a few more days and I will update... I know you all know but we really do appreciate those people who care enough to call, write, text or email. Even the littlest thoughts/actions go noticed. This sure is a tough battle to endure alone and we are very thankful for those around us. I can't wait until the day comes where I can help someone else out!!!

The Clan...

1 comments:

Jenna said...

Plans are always I good thing. I am praying that God breathes new life into this plan!! Hang in there and know that you have an army praying for you all.