CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No more diarrhea please....

So... Todd is still battling diarrhea however it has seemed to settle down just a bit. I spoke the Oncologist nurse yesterday (I know they hate to hear from me) and they put him on a 'plan'... 'Plans???, I like Plans.' She explained to me that the lining of 'something' has thinned and therefore he can't keep anything in him. Since he has had SOOOO much diarrhea, he has lost all the good and the bad bacteria in his bowels. I was to find a probiotics that contained the most lactobacillus, get Activia and pick up Pedialyte. Also he needed to go on a very bland diet. So the yogurt idea was scary for me since he won't eat anything 'white and creamy' and the bland diet was scary since most bland diets contain carbs which turn into sugars. Sheesh.... Activia was actually a hit, he said he thought it tasted really good and well, we managed with an OK diet so far.

He has 2 more diarrhea pills left so if you neighbors see an SOS in our yard tonight it's because we've run out... :)

Blood sugar... we still have this issue going on. I actually texted the Nurse Practitioner his levels every 2 days. She made adjustments and then we watched it again... The levels are still a bit high (definitely not as high as the previous week but still high) and now we are going back to see her tomorrow to see 'whats next.'

Here goes my soapbox... I heard 2 different instances of "it's not fair" today and I really wanted to come back with Really... you want to talk about FAIR???

It's not FAIR for my 11 year old to have a full comprehension of Cancer.
It's not FAIR for my 11 year old to watch his father go from being active to practically housebound.
It's not FAIR for our friends 10 year old son to bury his step-father right before the holidays due to pancreatic cancer.
It's not FAIR for our friends 10 year old son to watch his mothers pain in the loss of her husband. (Bridget Gibson)
It's not FAIR for our friends 3 year old daughter to hear that daddy can't play because his head hurts so bad because he has stage 4 brain cancer.
It's not FAIR for our friends 3 year old daughter has a daily visual of her daddy's scar from his surgery that takes up most of his head. (Sheri Slusser)

OK... This is whats not FAIR. The kids have no choice in the matter but have learned to adapt and go with the flow. With strong parents they will be strong kids who can overcome any adversity in life! So make sure to pray extra for our sweet little babies!!!

Off my soapbox... A quick shout out to a friend who brought a card and gift down last night. We appreciate everything!!! I am told daily how much support we have and we truly are a very lucky family!!!





0 comments: