CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Deductible will be made in January...


Our insurance deductible will be made by January... we had a visit to the ER today. Todd's blood sugar levels were pretty high all weekend, upper 300's. They told us not to call over the weekend unless they were over 400. I held out until today. I spoke to the on-call dr who advised us to go straight to the ER.

I rushed Tyler to a friends and we were off to the ER. Once there they started him on a saline bag and took blood samples to measure his levels. While there, his BS level was 420. Yikes...

The main concerns were the blood sugar levels and dehydration. Even though he has been hydrating very well, the pancreas works hard to remove all fluids from the blood when the levels get so high. (I think thats right anyways) And top off the diarrhea, he gets dehydrated very easy.

Todd said he knew his levels were high because instead of the double vision, his vision was a complete blur... Scary, I know. Within 2 hours, his vision was doing better and his bs levels had dropped to 280-still high for the normal person. They watched him for a bit and then sent us home with an insulin pill prescription. We spent the afternoon there and all is better, for the time being. He is to follow up with Dr. Avery tomorrow.

I appreciated everyone who texted and offered to help. Since I've used many of my neighbors, I used a friend of Ty's. He was excited to play with a new group of friends for the day!

I'm sure my crazy week ain't over... (thought ain't was appropriate, lol) I go back to work tomorrow and I will put a neighbor on call in case of an emergency. Wish us luck! Todd told me today that while I dread going back to work, it will probably be easier than staying at home. :)

Thanks all..

The Clan

0 comments: