CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MRI Results and stuff

Todd had a baseline MRI last week-April 7th and Dr. Desjardins emailed to say that the tumor was stable based on the one from March 14th... Good news, I guess (always wishing for the best tho). At least she now has a baseline so they can accurately see the results at the 1 month mark.

Everyone keeps asking.. How is Todd? He is medium, as I say. He is not in horrible shape and he is not in excellent shape. :) Like I have said in previous posts, he is super tired and is off and on nauseous. He says his stomach is just 'off'. My main goal is to keep him healthy... we've been given the lecture of 'only healthy people should be around him'. Thats hard to control however anyone who is comes in to our house is going to be sanitized. The last thing we need is him to catch a cold or the stomach bug!!!

His mobility has declined. He is definitely having an issue using his arm/hand. I think he has gotten used to using one arm/hand. I push him to use it but it just doesn't work. His walking is a bit slow and he has a limp. Ty and I have to remind ourselves to slow down when he is with us. Other than that, he's trucking along.

I will have to say that I did not know how I would do with him being at home. I work 9-6 and its a long day when I don't get home until 6:30-7ish... At that point, I still have to kick into mom mode. Todd everyday musters up the energy to do some sort of cleaning-mostly downstairs so if you come over, you can't go upstairs. :) Our downstairs is pretty much company ready now. In addition, dinner is made. Nothing fancy but it's better than NOTHING. I will secretly say that I'm kinda liking him at home... shhhh.

Ty is turning 11 this weekend. I am having a hard time grasping it. The classic phrase "I can't believe my baby is turning 11" is playing over and over in my head. Are we really old enough to have an 11 year old? LOL.

We are good... Just continue to say prayers for us. Also, if I could add.. One of my friends, Christy Garrison's, mother was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and is having a double mastectomy within the next 2 weeks and a friend of mine at work, Lindsay Seal's, Papaw died today. He was 92 years old. It sure seems that everyone around us has something going on.

Thanks everyone. Will post again when I have something to say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will definitely keep you all in my prayers!

Erin Mullins said...

Keeping The Bloomfield Family In My Thoughts and Prayers. Please pray for my mom. She has Alztimers and is not doing well. Hang In There. I am so proud of Ya'll for staying strong. God Is In Control.

christy garrison said...

Praying for you, Todd, and Ty always....Im here if you need me, and thank you for adding my mom to the prayer list...I know your not mushy, but I love ya..