CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Big day tomorrow... Scan

Well tomorrow is a big day around the Bloomfield house... the SCAN. I am hopeful but very realistic as to what I will probably hear on Friday. Please say extra prayers for us tomorrow as his scan is at 12. In addition, we will see our favorite oncology group. (Seriously, I think we talk to them more so then some of our family members.)

This week has been pretty low keyed... which is what I really like. His aggression has been nonexistent and he's been pretty with it. The other night after bed, he told a funny story of him and his brother Greg. Apparently Greg was in the house and causing trouble... it was so funny that even Todd was laughing but in all seriousness, he thought Greg was in the house. I can handle the funny hallucinations its the out of character mean ones that scare me.

We are learning to appreciate the super small things in life and I challenge all of you to look around... I am sure there is something you take for granted or I am sure that you don't take 30 seconds to tell someone Thank you or I love you... I've said it before, I am no longer a wife... I am a caretaker. We are a broken family trying to survive and I'm doing the best that I know how to make it through the day without cracking---I don't have time to cry a pity party because I am too busy juggling everything that needs to get done. I'm sure the day will come when I can have a pity party but unfortunately today isn't the day so I will put my big girl pants on and mosey along. :)  After all that blah blah blah, I meant to tell you that I look forward to dinner with Todd every night. I usually make one plate, climb into bed with him and we share a meal. This is a great time for me to tell him about my day and for him to listen to me ramble, like he has done for the past 20 years (actually this May will be 21 years.) See... it's the little things.

On a brighter note, the people from Patricia Neal rehab center called yesterday and they are waiting on insurance approval. Once that is done he will be able to transition to their full time rehab facility. He will receive OT, PT and speech. Like I said in a previous post, PT thinks he can at least stand on his legs unassisted with more consistent work. Big goal is to walk with walker. Yes a lofty goal but he seems to be willing to fight as long as these darn brain tumors allow!

No long drawn out post today... Just lots of prayers for us tomorrow! Please pass the blog along to everyone you know.

I will post when I know results of the scan.

Thanks to everyone who has been helping us!!! We couldn't do it with out you all!

The Clan

0 comments: