CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lots More Info. Resources

Our case manager and social worker from the proton center told me to call the American Cancer society. ACS. From there a lady told me about housing assistance, travel assistance and other general info. It was a wealth of knowledge! I am in the process of applying for a grant thru the brain tumor society. brain tumor society. There is also another organization called Cancer care that does grants as well so please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer, we need all the assistance we can get!!!

I had a YIKES moment as I realized the expense of transportation. The ACS said that they would give a $100 gas card and then I found Angel Flights Angel Flight. I will be giving them a call on Monday because they will help arrange flights to and from destination at no charge. Lastly, my friend from the Gap works for Delta and she has given us 2 "buddy passes". Those passes will allow Tyler and I to take a long weekend to spend with Todd. I plan on listing all the valuable resources that I have found because you never know when someone else might be put in the same situation. Stayed tuned!

0 comments: