CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Wrapping up another week...

After a dreadful last week, this week was pretty good...

The week started with a visit from 3 'big wigs' from Todd's old employer-VF Corporation. The flew in from PA just to see Todd... we were more than moved that they thought highly enough of Todd to make the special trip. They stood around Todd's bed and told stories of the past and talked to him about the last year and the last few weeks. Todd got emotional several times which in turn made me cry... This was one of the first times that Todd showed any type of emotion regarding the 'situation.' In addition, they presented us with a donation check. WOW... it was so gracious. Apparently, all the outlet stores did a money drive collection for a few weeks and then the corporate office did a sample sale. I can't thank them enough for taking the time to come and visit AND that someone thought that highly of Todd to do a money drive! VF has been more than gracious to Todd and our family over the last 13 years... I appreciate the support and love they have consistently shown!

Also on Monday, we had a visit from one of the Pastors from Fountain City United Methodist Church... She stopped by with a picture frame that had been signed by everyone in the Journey service who said they would add us to their prayers... It was neat because there were so many people that knew us as a family, me, Tyler or knew who the Bloomfields were. A little back story on this church for us. Ty and I started to go. Todd joined us a few times. We visited other churches... then we decided to go back and give FCUMC another try. About that time, Todd was diagnosed with another tumor and we put going to church on HOLD. I was happy to hear that FCUMC reached out to us! Since Todd's been sick, Bonnie and Ted's pastor has been coming by 1x per week. Thanks Pastor Ed... We love that you all have taken us on too! Lots of love given to us on Monday.

Tuesday rolled around and I went to Greeneville to the main campus. While I was there I received a call that an Edible Arrangement was being delivered... Woohoo. I've seen them before but have never been given one. I started talking with my coworkers from up there and no one said anything... A few hours later, I was given 4 cards signed by most departments, 3 vases of beautiful flowers freshly cut from a yard (yes, vases will be given back, Kathy) and they were the group that sent the Edible Arrangement. Its great to have the love and support of all my coworkers!

Wednesday we enjoyed dinner with family and Thursday was a quiet day... I did receive more flowers and a card/gift from a previous coworker. Lots of stuff has been done around the house by others and we have truly been blessed with lots of love and support this week! I need you to know that we appreciate it!!!

As far as Todd goes, I think he came down with my cold so we got him on an antibiotic and he seems to be feeling better. He tells me he feels "OK" but he says he has electric shock feelings in his hands and legs...not sure what that is from. He is now telling me he feels woozy or loopy.  I can tell when he is off however he is still trucking along. :) I called on his chemo and it is to be delivered on Monday. He still gets up during the night at least 3 times so the nights are long... I am very thankful that he has not shown ANY aggression over the last few days/weeks. He seems to hallucinate after a long action packed day and when the day settles down. My theory is that he is stimulated throughout the day and when it all settles, his mind is still moving... My theory only, LOL

I won't disagree that I feel like I need a few minutes to myself... however I quickly remind myself to cherish every moment we have right now! If you haven't loved on your loved ones today then I highly recommend it. Tomorrow is never promised!!!

I calculated that I have been using volunteers for 12 weeks now... I/we appreciate everyone who helps with Todd during the day and helps me and Ty. I say it over and over but without you all, I am not sure where we would be today. Thanks to everyone who is helping to keep us afloat!!!

That's it for now... I will update more next week or when I know something else. Keep praying... we need it!


The Clan....




0 comments: