CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
The journey of my family's struggle with a Brain Tumor. Cancer Sucks but the days continue so we must continue on as well... with a fight!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Long Overdue Update

Sorry guys... I've been busy with work and Mother's Day weekend. I have finally found a moment to sit down and update... I knew I had to get it updated pretty soon because I am running into people around town, some I haven't seen in years, and they tell me the blog isn't updated. HAAA.

Todd's scan results came back last week and we were told 'no significant' change. In the brain tumor world, to us that is pretty good news. We can't expect miracles overnight! Dr. Desjardins emailed me a few times on the next plan of action and then she spoke to Todd on Monday. The new plan is to add just a bit more dosage and continue on a every day treatment cycle. His bloodwork came back just a smidge off but nothing that was too alarming. She said they would discuss it again after the next round if it was 'off' too. I believe that Todd is on Temodar (chemo) for the rest of the year and if at any point she feels like the tumor is not responding, she will add another mix to the prescription.

Todd's feeling pretty crappy... to say the least. He's functioning and functioning pretty well but he just doesn't feel good. I know he is 'enjoying' the much needed time off from work but I wish it was for other reasons. :) He is not able to do much and it saddens me. My goal for him is to eventually play golf again. At this point, golf isn't even in the conversation... He can't use his arm to swing nor could he do the walking. A few months ago, he told me to sell his clubs. I was telling one of his golf buddies about the conversation and he made me promise not to sell them. So... we will hold on to them with high hopes of being used SOON!

We had planned to go on a weekend 'trip' with some family and that was cut short due to the Dr. telling Todd that she didn't want him to travel. It bummed me out a bit however Todd is my first priority. It's amazing how we now have to consider the smallest things now when it comes to him...snotty noses, upset stomachs, travel distance, shopping buggies, etc... Hand sanitizer is a new best friend.

I feel like I keep telling everyone the same thing over and over... I wish I had something new and exciting but... not this week. :)

Todd's mom is feeling pretty good as she is continuing with her chemo as well.. Please keep all of us in your prayers. We have a lot going on. Thanks everyone (will do better about updating this week)!!!

1 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the update. Always thinking of you guys, and don't want to ask! I know it is hard to tell the same story a hundred times!